Do we have some some de-luscious stuff lined up for ya!
We have been so looking forward to this content collaboration with Sarah Nicole Edwards, Founder – Copper + Cloves, an amazing healthy recipe resource that showcases Sarah’s delicious experiments with Local Indian, fresh & nourishing produce.Sarah is from London but lives in India and is training to be a health coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is also an ardent believer in the farm-to-table approach and is passionate about foods that are simple to make while packing a nutritious punch.
So, here’s what we are upto :
1.Over the next few weeks, Sarah will share 3 super healthy recipes with Naturally Lush readers that heal,energise and give a skin glow boost!
2.Finally, towards March-end , there’s a lovely Instagram giveaway by Naturally Lush & Copper + Cloves. Make sure you don’t miss it & follow both the handles on Instagram – @naturally.lush and @copperandcloves!
Dive into the first of Sarah’s recipes- A Turmeric & Ginger infused Mango Smoothie.
This yellow smoothie is not just seasonal but also genuinely smooth and soothing. Both Turmeric and Ginger are anti-inflammatory and known for their healing and digestive properties. Coconut Milk, another healthy ingredient in the recipe, is full of heart healthy fats, known to improve gut health and relieve symptoms of IBS.
Mango, of-course is India’s most loved fruit packed with nutrition and deliciousness!
Turmeric & Ginger infused Mango Smoothie
- 1 mango (any variety. Except raw mango!)
- ½ yellow zucchini
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder or thumb-sized piece of fresh turmeric root
- 150ml coconut milk*
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Crack of black pepper
* DIY coconut milk (from desiccated coconut) ( source : bbcgoodfood.com)
Try making your own with just water and unsweetened coconut flakes. Heat the water (make sure it doesn’t boil), add the flakes and blend. Pour through a colander to filter out the coconut pulp, then squeeze through a cheese cloth to filter out the smaller pieces of coconut. Use immediately or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You will need:
- Remove all the flesh of the mango and put into a blender. Wash the zucchini well, cut into 4 pieces and add to the mixie. Peel the ginger, cut into small pieces and add. Repeat for fresh turmeric root but it is just as good to add a teaspoon of turmeric powder if this is easier to get hold of.
- Pour in the coconut milk (try to find a fresh brand which uses no additives. If you are using canned coconut milk you may need to add a little water, as canned tends to be thicker). A pinch of pepper powder or a crack of black pepper (pepper helps with uptake of the active ingredients in the turmeric) and a sqeeze of fresh lime.
- Turn on the blender and let it blend for a minute or so to ensure everything is combined really well.
- Pour into a tall glass with ice, if you want, or have it a smoothie bowl pour into a bowl and decorate the top with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate jewels and any other nuts, and eat with a spoon.
There you go. A yummy, nutritious, gut-healing, energizing , skin vitamins enriched smoothie for the summers.
Gentle reminder : To participate in an awesome Instagram Giveaway from Naturally Lush & Copper + Cloves don’t forget to follow both on Instagram @naturally.lush and @copperandcloves!
Also, drop in a line about your favorite summer drink & stay Naturally Lush.