As promised, we are back!
This post is Part 2 of the collaboration with Sarah Nicole Edwards, Founder – Copper & Cloves, a healthy recipe website.To know more about what you can expect of this 4-part series , do take a read of the previous post here. The fourth part is basically a luscious, wholesome Instagram give-away from Naturally Lush (@naturally.lush) & Copper+Cloves (@copperandcloves) , so do follow these handles on Instagram and join us there for all the good stuff. You can also follow us on Facebook at – @NaturallyLush and @CopperadCloves
In this post Sarah shares 3 amazing , easy to prepare, nutrition rich recipes of handy snacks you can eat anytime during the day + carry along to your office or on a long drive + fuel yourself pre or post-workout + basically have whenever you crave a bite.
The best part about the recipes are that they check all the right boxes! Nutrition rich , Flavourful, Easy to prepare ( can be made in advance and stocked), easily sourced ingredients
Dive right in!
- No-Cook Banana, Dates , Chia & Flax Seed Balance Bites
Think energy. Endurance.Great digestion. Also think gorgeous, glow-y skin & hair. These balance bites are both beauty food and energizer bunnies. Fun fact : Did you know that Chia seeds are so valuable in their nutrition profile, they were once considered currency in the Mayan society? Super-rich in skin loving anti-oxidants, fibre and a powerful blend of vitamins and minerals, Chia seeds are considered superfood for a good reason!
Banana, Flax Seeds and Almonds have proven health benefit and these delicious bites pack a solid punch!
- 2 cups of Almonds
- 2 cups of Dates
- 2 over-ripe Bananas
- ½ cup of ground flaxseed plus two tbsps. for rolling
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- First place the almonds in your food processor and blend for a minute or two until they break up and start to form a flour like mix
- Then gradually add the pitted dates, peeled bananas, flax, and chia as the mix continues to blend. After a few minutes the mixture should be smooth and sticky, at which point the balls are ready to be rolled.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop up a batch of the dough, then roll it in your hands to form a ball. Place the ball on a plate and continue doing the exact same thing until you’ve used all the mixture.
- Roll in the additional ground flaxseeds
- Pop them in the freezer for 40 minutes and then store in the fridge.
2. Raw Chocolate & Coconut Energy Balls
Ahhh!Chocolate + Coconut. Everything’s right with the world.
Raw Cacao has a rich, chocolatey, almost bitter taste and goes perfectly with almonds and fresh coconut. It is also an anti-oxidant. You can buy Indian-grown organic cacao powder from Happy Healthy Me if you live in Bangalore and Mason & Co can be delivered across India.
- 100g of almonds
- 100g of dates (remove stone!)
- 100g of fresh coconut
- 50g of raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- Place the almonds in the blender, blitz for a minute until fine like flour and set aside.
- Break the fresh coconut meat into pieces and put into the blender. Add the ground almonds back in.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and process until fully combined.
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls with your palm and then roll each ball in a little more raw cacao powder. Put in the freezer for 20 minutes then store in the fridge. Will keep up to 2 weeks in fridge
3. Glow-On-The-Go Tropical Trail Mix
The beauty of this tropical trail mix is you can be so creative and work with whatever you have in your pantry. Switch up the nuts or dried fruits in this recipe. This energy powerhouse
- 1 cup almonds(these can be roasted with some salt or kept raw if that is your preference. Adding a salt element to contrast with the sweet can make this tastier!)
- 1 cup cashews (these can be swapped for other nuts such as cashews if these are easier to get hold of)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 sun-dried organic pineapple slices or mango slices, finely chopped
- Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Divide into handful size portions to serve as a healthy snack.
So, there you are! 3 awesome high energy , wholesome, handy snacks you can prep over the weekend and stock for the next 2 weeks. Do drop a comment if you try them out and remember to follow us on Instagram and Facebook , for an exciting giveaway at the end of the series!
Stay energetic, gorgeous and Naturally Lush! XoXo